This contest post will stay at the top of the page from 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. Eastern on Tuesday, November 25th, 2014. Read on to find out about today’s prizes and enter to win! (more…)
by Mir at 8:00 am on November 25, 2014 in Contests
Of all the things currently being offered on deals at Bon-Ton, this feels like an interesting combo to offer you, and yet, here I am. Yes, they’ve got a bunch of Black Friday deals already up, and yes, they’re offering free shipping to everyone with coupon code FREESHIP. But here’s what you shouldn’t miss:
1) Take an additional $60 off any $100+ coat purchase (full-price or sale, though the usual exclusions for Doorbusters/clearance/yellow dot stuff applies) with coupon code ZTHXCOATS14.
2) They have a ton of great deals going on K-cups, too. If not for you, well, there’s all kinds of cute holiday gifty-box bundles of ‘em in the Doorbusters. Perfect for bringing as a hostess gift when you’re out visiting, if you know your hosts have a Keurig. Or just get some for yourself.
Hey, I just realized this isn’t so weird, after all. Stay warm from the inside out, or from the outside in. Perfect!
by Mir at 11:07 am on November 25, 2014 in Hot Hot Hot!
by Mir at 8:47 am on November 25, 2014 in Hot Hot Hot!
The Black Friday savings are already on over at Pfaltzgraff, with a ton of doorbusters, plus everything else is an additional 30% off with coupon code BLACK30. Shipping is free on $75+.
Bear in mind that in addition to the dishes you know and love from Pfaltzgraff, they also carry all kinds of tableware and cookware and holiday trimmings and stuff, too. Might be a good place to knock out some gifts.
by Mir at 8:06 pm on November 24, 2014 in Contests
Did today’s contest for the 50th anniversary edition Hess Truck get you psyched and ready for a fabulous week of prizes? I hope it did. Also, how cool is it that they’re already in their 50th year?? (Related: I am old.)
Anyway. I regret that I only have one truck to give, but keep in mind that you can go purchase either the collector’s edition truck set or the regular 2014 offering online, if you don’t have local Hess stations. It’s not as great as winning, I’ll grant you, but at least you can obtain your own Hess fix if necessary.
Without further ado, the winner of today’s awesome Hess truck is… commenter 87, Lisa. Congratulations, Lisa—please check your email! I’ll be sending this fabulous prize your way ASAP.
Big thanks to all who played, and special thanks to our generous friends at Hess and their helper elves at Goodman Media for supplying the prize.
Didn’t win this one? Don’t fret! There’s another chance to win coming up tomorrow morning. We’re just getting started.
If you’re feeling chilly, head over to the Target website today; as they continue with their deals leading up to Black Friday, one of today’s featured deals is 40% off all sweaters.
Right now every order ships for free, too, which is awesome. I have seriously been doing things like ordering a single pair of socks at a time, just because I can. (Okay, that sounds worse than I mean it to. I mean that when I’m doing 100 things at once and I can’t sit and shop for an extended period of time, I can go ahead and order something I know I want before it sells out, without having to try to get my shopping cart up to the free shipping minimum.)
Shutting up, now. Gotta go shop for some sweaters.
Why wait until the end of the week to get your once-a-year deals on? No need—Black Friday deals and bonuses are already live at Kohls, so you can shop now and relax on Friday.
Everyone gets $15 (not a typo; once a year it’s $15 instead of $10) Kohls Cash for every $50 spent, and everyone gets free shipping on $50+, and everyone can save an additional 15% with coupon code THANKS1236. There’s tons of deals already up, and I am seriously considering buying “ugly Christmas sweater” t-shirts for my children, which means the shopping delirium has set in early, this year. (Don’t worry! I’ll push through it.)
by Mir at 8:00 am on November 24, 2014 in Contests
This contest post will stay at the top of the page from 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. Eastern on Monday, November 24th, 2014. Read on to find out about today’s prize and enter to win! (more…)
Sure, right now life is all about fun (pie) and family (more pie) and togetherness (and also pie), but eventually January is going to arrive and you’re going to take stock of your life choices and decide that surely your bathroom scale is broken, because really, did you eat that much pie? (I am speaking from experience.)
Point is, eventually you’re going to head back to the gym, and when you do, you might want some new gear to keep you inspired. It’s not as good as pie, but it’ll have to do. Right now, Reebok is offering an additional 40% off nearly everything on the site—there are some exclusions, but I couldn’t find any on the already-marked-down stuff I was looking at—and shipping and returns are free, too. Just apply coupon code HOLIDAY.
This is also a great way to scoop up those crazy-expensive sneakers the kids think they have to have. Go ahead, take care your yourself and let the kids think you splurged.
by Mir at 1:31 pm on November 22, 2014 in Bragging on a deal
Alright, my darlings, that very special time of year is nearly here. I’m watching the Amazon Lightning Deals like a hawk (you should be, too) and I spent my morning going through closets. Why? That’s where I squirrel away 1) stocking stuffers for my family and 2) goodies for Big Prize Week here at Want Not. When I was done, I had discovered a few things I’m pretty sure I bought last year and forgot to give my kids (oops!) and also my oldest surveyed the stash of generously donated prizes for next week and said, “Man, your readers are lucky.”
If you’re new ’round these parts—or if my recent decreased posting due to that whole Real Job™ thing has you worried that I won’t be repeating years past—buckle in for a week of me playing Santa. This is, bar none, my favorite week of the year, and just a small way I like to give back to all of you for hanging around here with me.
Here’s what you need to know:
1) Every day next week, beginning on Monday, November 25th, I will be holding a random drawing for a spectacular prize (or two, who knows).
2) Each prize post will go up at 8:00 a.m. Eastern time and be open for entry (via a comment) until 8:00 p.m. Eastern that evening. I will determine the winner(s) each evening via my my handy-dandy plugin winner-picker and announce and notify.
3) Every giveaway is governed by the contest rules and regulations which basically boil down to “this is supposed to be fun, don’t be a jerk about it.”
4) If you haven’t been around for previous Big Prize Weeks, there are certain types of items I tend to offer every year, and the week will consist of a variety of items, culminating in a Really Big Prize on Black Friday, because that’s how I roll. [Bonus: This year I will also be offering a Cyber Monday prize giveaway thanks to a very cool and generous prize donation.]
5) Additionally, I do nothing on Black Friday except park myself here at the computer and post deals for about 16 hours, because I would rather be eaten by a python than brave the stores on Black Friday. If you want great deals but don’t want to leave the house, plan to join me. I’ll hook you up.
Are you ready? I’m excited!
Want Not Archives
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.