So I thought I should mention…

… that a lot of you have noticed that posting here has been very sporadic the last few weeks, and a few folks have asked what’s going on, and I kept hoping everything would even out and I’d never have to answer. Tralala! Everything’s fine! Back to normal! I have no idea what you’re talking about! Unfortunately I think that bit of wishful thinking has expired by now.

So. Nobody panic, Want Not isn’t going anywhere. But one of my kids has been extremely ill, and between her being in the hospital for a couple of weeks and the care she now requires back at home, work is just taking a major backseat right now. I’m doing what I can, when I can. I hope we’ll return to our regular programming soon, both because I take this place seriously and because having a sick kid is really, really awful.

Bear with me, please? Thank you. And might I add that you all look very pretty today.

79 Responses to “So I thought I should mention…”

Cassandra February 9, 2012 at 7:22 pm #

Hoping and praying that your child gets better quickly…. We miss you, but family is always first!

Emily February 9, 2012 at 7:23 pm #

Oh wow, Mir! SO SO sorry for what your family is going through!!! Thoughts are with you!

Sarah February 9, 2012 at 7:24 pm #

I hope your daughter gets better quickly! She’s way more important than posting on here, so go take care of her and we can amuse ourselves in the comments section 🙂

Jen February 9, 2012 at 7:28 pm #

I’m so very sorry–having a very sick kid is terrifying, and exhausting. I hope your daughter’s health improves quickly, and that you are able to take care of yourself a little bit during this really difficult time. Much though I love your bargain-spotting prowess, I’d much rather you spend your usual work time either helping your daughter or taking a little time for yourself, for as long as it takes for things to normalize a bit for you. Best wishes to you and your family. I’m sending lots of healing thoughts your way.

Rachel February 9, 2012 at 7:29 pm #

Will be praying for you and your family!

Christal February 9, 2012 at 7:38 pm #

prayers and thoughts to all of you. Thankful that God thinks we’re still pretty even in the messes. 🙂

mary February 9, 2012 at 7:42 pm #

Maybe you could have a post where we can all comment with deals we find, and you just take a little break. She is much more important. Your family is in my prayers, pretty Mir and mini Mir.

Kristine February 9, 2012 at 7:48 pm #

Ditto all the kind words above and multiplying all the good thoughts and prayers!

Annie P February 9, 2012 at 7:51 pm #

Take care, Mir. Thinking of you and your family. Don’t worry about we readers and fans — we’ll still be here when all is well and you can be back 🙂

lauren February 9, 2012 at 7:52 pm #

No worries! We can wait. Your babies cannot. My prayers are with you and your family!

MamaChristy February 9, 2012 at 8:00 pm #

Say it with me: “We love Mir! We will wait!”

Sue V. February 9, 2012 at 8:01 pm #

Take care of your family…we will be here when you get back.

Mrs. Kinne February 9, 2012 at 8:02 pm #

I am so sorry to hear that, and I will be sending good thoughts your way!

Heidi February 9, 2012 at 8:04 pm #

Pretty family first, Mir! Hang in there!

alison T February 9, 2012 at 8:06 pm #

Kids need their mama. Best wishes for healing for you all.

Thorny February 9, 2012 at 8:14 pm #

I figured only something important could come between you and shoe deals, but I was hoping it would be something less scary and more like… one of your kids had gotten into Hogwarts and you were hip-deep in researching the best wands and cauldrons.

Hope your daughter’s recovery is swift and complete, and that life gets back to normal for your family soon!

CiCi February 9, 2012 at 8:19 pm #

Family comes first we’ll be here when you get back. For you and your awesomeness.

Maria February 9, 2012 at 8:20 pm #

We will be here, don’t you worry about us. Hope you are all hanging in there!

tory February 9, 2012 at 8:23 pm #

#4 commenter Jen said it perfectly. And family comes first.
    You’re a very pretty mama taking care of her baby and I wish you the best.

julie (etsy stalkers) February 9, 2012 at 8:29 pm #

oh no. hope everything takes a turn for the better. let me know if you need any help with your site.

Trish February 9, 2012 at 8:30 pm #

family first indeed, wishing you all healing

julie in memphis February 9, 2012 at 8:38 pm #

HUGS!!!!!!!!

Melisa February 9, 2012 at 8:45 pm #

Sending positive thoughts to you and your fam.

Sara February 9, 2012 at 8:52 pm #

Sending happy healing vibes to you and your daughter. I know how rough it can be to deal with a sick child and hospital visits. 🙁

chichimama February 9, 2012 at 9:07 pm #

Family first, I am sending many positive thoughts for to your family.

Elizabeth Smith February 9, 2012 at 9:21 pm #

Sending prayers your way and I hope your child feels better soon! No worries about all of us out here!

Salt Chunk Mary February 9, 2012 at 9:22 pm #

I hope your daughter is on the way to wellness. I’ll be waiting for the valiant return of Want Not when you’re ready!

Nancy February 9, 2012 at 9:31 pm #

You (and your lovely daughter) are still pretty to us! Take your time and take care of what needs to be taken care of (which is not this site!)

Beverly February 9, 2012 at 10:00 pm #

I’m with everyone else–take care of your daughter and yourself as well. I do know how hard it is to have a sick child. Some days you need to just take it one breath at a time. xxoo

Kyallee February 9, 2012 at 10:52 pm #

Ditto. Do what you need to do for your family — we’ll be here when life’s less crazy. Best wishes to you all.

Karla February 9, 2012 at 10:56 pm #

much love to you and your family! We can wait, be with your daughter and family, sending prayers.

Lisa February 9, 2012 at 11:10 pm #

Be well daughter dear, and the whole family too, and know that we will love you all the more when you come back…because absence DOES make the heart grow fonder, remember?

Binky February 9, 2012 at 11:13 pm #

Mir, I know you only through this site, but I’m keeping you and your daughter in my thoughts. That’s got to be so scary and awful for you, and for her. Don’t worry about Want Not — get some guest posters, or just let it sit. It will be fine.

Helen February 10, 2012 at 12:08 am #

Take care of that girl of yours…hope things look up for you guys soon! And don’t feel guilty about taking a break from this. We’ll be here when you get back.

Demery February 10, 2012 at 1:21 am #

Sending lots of love and all the most fervent wishes for a quick and complete recovery for your darling girl. (And fear not, your many loyal followers aren’t going anywhere.) xoxox

Laurie February 10, 2012 at 7:49 am #

~ Thank you for letting us know, as I was among those wondering ….and worrying. I am sending good thoughts your way and hope things are looking much better for you and your family very soon. Hang in there and know many people are pulling for you — and for your daughter ~

Firelady February 10, 2012 at 8:04 am #

Prayers to your family.

Rikki February 10, 2012 at 8:09 am #

Don’t you even give us a second thought – take care of your beautiful, wonderful daughter. Big hugs and prayers 🙂

Maryanne February 10, 2012 at 8:12 am #

Joining my prayers to everyone else’s.

Dawn February 10, 2012 at 8:14 am #

You take care of you and your baby girl. We are all sending you positive thoughts and we will be here when you’re back, whenever that is!

Grace February 10, 2012 at 8:15 am #

Oh Mir!
    So sorry to hear about your child! I was wondering what was going on. You & your family are in my thoughts & prayers. Focus on family. Don’t worry, we’ll still be here!!!

Sara February 10, 2012 at 8:21 am #

How scary–I hope that she gets well soon! Thinking of you and your family!

mary February 10, 2012 at 8:56 am #

dear Mir,

Nothing is more important than your family, and I am hoping and praying your child is on the mend. Best wishes, and please don’t worry about work.

Carketa February 10, 2012 at 9:13 am #

sorry to hear that, its always difficult to focus on other things when you have a child that is sick. as much as we all love WantNot, its more critical that you tend to whats most important and help your baby get well. prayers for your daughter and family.

Jenn February 10, 2012 at 9:16 am #

I have been a loyal Want Not reader for a long time and will happily wait for you to take care of your family. As with the other commenters, my thoughts and prayers are with you!

Virginia February 10, 2012 at 9:17 am #

Hugs and prayers for fast healing.

Tandis February 10, 2012 at 9:31 am #

I ditto what everyone above me has said. We’ll be here when you get back.

Take care of your daughter and prayers for a quick recovery!

Selena February 10, 2012 at 9:36 am #

Oh my goodness, so sorry to hear this! You do us a favor by posting, but you don’t owe us anything. Take your time! Praying for your family…

Kat February 10, 2012 at 9:40 am #

So sorry to hear! Praying for you 🙂

jeanne February 10, 2012 at 9:45 am #

Prayers prayers prayers. Thank you Mir for letting us know. There is power in prayer.

Melissa February 10, 2012 at 9:47 am #

Family First ALWAYS! You go, we’ll be here when things are settled down for you 🙂

MelanieMarie February 10, 2012 at 9:48 am #

Your shoes look wonderful! We will be fine until you get back. Give her our love. Don’t forget to take care of you too SuperMom.

DawnA February 10, 2012 at 9:48 am #

Oh no. I’m glad your little one is back home. Sending positive vibes for a quick recovery. I appreciate you posting anything in the midst of tending to a sick child.

Christina February 10, 2012 at 10:03 am #

I am so sorry to hear that Mir! Praying that your Chickadee gets better soon. Take care of her, we will all be here when she is better. Family first!

Pamela February 10, 2012 at 10:14 am #

We’ll be here when you get back.

Mary February 10, 2012 at 10:37 am #

Take care of your precious girl. We will take care of ourselves until you return.

Suzanne H February 10, 2012 at 10:49 am #

Of course family comes first…we can wait awhile to hear how pretty we are! Take care.

Rebekah February 10, 2012 at 10:59 am #

Take care of your kiddo, we love your Mir.

Elizabeth February 10, 2012 at 11:17 am #

Remember you chose to work prettily from home so you CAN be there for your family! Praying for speedy and full recovery, and you are always gorgeous in my eyes Mir!
    Tell your pretty daughter thanks for saving me some money this month! 🙂

Laurin February 10, 2012 at 11:59 am #

I’m so sorry to hear that Chickadee is so ill! I hope it’s not too serious and that she feels better soon. You, Chickadee and the rest of your family are in my thoughts and prayers. *virtual hugs*

Christina February 10, 2012 at 12:22 pm #

Prayers for you and yours! As everyone said, we will be here when you get back, as family is most important!

Anonymous February 10, 2012 at 12:47 pm #

As everyone has said, we are all so sorry to hear this. Hope you have lots of in person help because it can get daunting. We’re all praying and sending good vibes for your whole family.

aj February 10, 2012 at 12:55 pm #

Hang in there – get some rest when u can – relax the rest of the world can wait

Chakolate February 10, 2012 at 1:24 pm #

Mir,

Has it occurred to you that you have minions? Why not post an open thread each day, and let your minions share the great deals they have found? After all, we learned from the best, right?

Of course, no one can replace you (am I good at sucking up, or what?) but until your kid gets better (fingers crossed for you) why not turn your minions loose?

EG February 10, 2012 at 3:20 pm #

Mir, goodness, don’t worry about us! No pressure to return to normal programming. Take care of your daughter and yourself. And let others help. Wish I could bring you dinner or something, but it’d definitely be cold by the time I got there. Prayers!

myboyzach February 10, 2012 at 4:13 pm #

So sorry to hear about Chickadee, hoping she’s on the road to recovery. I’m sure Monkey and Licorice are helping cheer her up. We’ll be here when you come back.

kim February 10, 2012 at 4:48 pm #

Hoping everything gets better for you and your family soon…

Scott F February 10, 2012 at 4:57 pm #

I’ve been wondering what was going on. So sorry you are struggling with a very ill child. Few things are more difficult. Blessings on her as she works toward healing or stabilizing and blessings on you as you continue supporting her.

Don’t worry about us and this site. We love it. But you are doing EXACTLY what you need to be doing — worrying about your family. We can wait. 🙂

Debbie February 10, 2012 at 5:18 pm #

Wow…2 weeks! You must be exhausted. My 18 year old son was in the ICU for a week last spring; it was a very scary and trying time. Luckily, everything is 100% fine now. Praying for your family–prayers work! 🙂 See you back here when you need a little break; and later on when you are all 100% again.

Aimee February 10, 2012 at 5:44 pm #

Thoughts are with you and your family. 🙁

Heather M. February 10, 2012 at 9:39 pm #

Thinking about you and your family, especially your kiddos! Take the time you need and we’ll be praying for you throughout!

Kismet February 11, 2012 at 12:33 am #

So very sorry for your scary situation! We will gladly wait and be patient about it.
    Love you.
    ~K!

Kay February 11, 2012 at 12:12 pm #

You are prettiest when you are taking care of your family. My prayers for healing of your child and strength to get you through. Grace and Peace.

Suz February 11, 2012 at 3:33 pm #

Praying for you & your family & that she is on the road to a quick recovery.

Jen February 11, 2012 at 7:23 pm #

Hope that she is better soon and that things calm down for your family. You are very, very pretty, and so is your daughter.

Corey Bishop February 12, 2012 at 7:18 pm #

Sending you thoughts, prayers, good juju. Hope all is well soon.

Sassahfras February 13, 2012 at 12:03 pm #

Lovely Mir,
    Our families are our true treasures. Don’t worry about the site, we all send our best thoughts for all to be well with you and yours.

Maribel February 14, 2012 at 8:22 am #

I hope your daughter feels better fast.

Nicole M. February 14, 2012 at 10:56 am #

I hope your daughter will be feeling better soon. Take care of you and her. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way!