All-natural apples on the go

My least favorite part of winter is probably the sad-looking fruit at the grocery store. We’re a big fresh-fruit-eating family and once you get through the early apple months it’s just kind of pitiful. (Or you can buy fruit flown in from halfway around the world! Bleah.)

Our solution: applesauce. Lots of applesauce. And these GoGo Squeez packs are my favorite—fun flavors, no artificial anything, and I don’t even have to pack a spoon.

Right now most flavors come out to under $.50/pack when you buy via Subscribe & Save, because there’s an automatic extra 15% off happening as a promotion right now. Plus Amazon just started doing this thing where if you have 5+ S&S orders in a month, they take 15% off all of them, too (instead of the now-standard 5%).

I just ordered some apple-mango (my daughter’s favorite). But I may have to go back in for some apple-strawberry….

14 Responses to “All-natural apples on the go”

Sheryl February 23, 2013 at 9:48 am #

I ordered the toilet paper the other day, what other subscribe and save deals do you suggest to get the 15% off?

Elizabeth February 23, 2013 at 11:14 am #

I am not liking the way they do the new subscribe and save and ship all your stuff at the same time, I can’t even get these until May 1, even when I click ship monthly,,,,,
    Any tips on ways to get around that? very annoying.
    I deleted all my other subscribe and saves except my toilet paper,,,,, argh

Liv February 23, 2013 at 11:16 am #

Oh my! You are fantastic – we’re running low on these and I almost bought some a couple days ago but held off because the price wasn’t right. So glad I did! This a most excellent price. :)

Mandy February 23, 2013 at 12:21 pm #

I with Elizabeth. I hate the new system – won’t get these until April 1, even though I have a S&S order that should be shipping next week. ARGH.

But, totally scored some apple strawberry for my boy. Thanks, Mir.

lurker February 23, 2013 at 12:32 pm #

Hmmm, but those are made in France (which is half way around the world), so no problem with that?

Mir February 23, 2013 at 1:41 pm #

Lurker, if my food’s going to be flown in from far away, I’d much rather it be processed first so that the taste isn’t impacted. When fresh fruit is brought in from far away, it’s either 1) tasteless 2) wax-covered or 3) picked so unripe (so as to survive the trip) that it never tastes right.

Just my opinion, of course. :)

Mir February 23, 2013 at 1:43 pm #

I agree that the new S&S system is annoying with the shipping delays, though theoretically you can hit the “need it right away” link to get an order sooner. (I’ve never done that. Usually I don’t need anything right away.)

Sheryl, to answer your question, there are a lot of things I buy regularly from Amazon that offer the S&S option, so it just depends on what you want/need. Right now I have subscriptions going for: toilet paper, paper towels, applesauce, toothpaste, bar soap, and peanut butter.

Chakolate February 23, 2013 at 1:44 pm #

If you’ve got some sorta-mushy apples, you can peel, slice and microwave them, add a little sugar/sweetener and cinnamon, and have some crustless apple pie. Mmmm…

Mir February 23, 2013 at 1:45 pm #

That sounds delicious, Chak, but my family doesn’t let me peel apples anymore. ;)

Heather R. February 23, 2013 at 1:48 pm #

Ok so 48 packs, is that 48 boxes that each have 4 applesauce packs in them or just 48 applesauce total?

Mir February 23, 2013 at 2:22 pm #

48 total—12 boxes of 4 each.

Sheryl February 23, 2013 at 4:28 pm #

I wish that apple comment had a like button :D

Anna February 24, 2013 at 4:17 pm #

That’s how we roll here, too. Applesauce and dried fruit through the winter months. The kids ate all of their cliff fruit ropes (also a S&S buy!) before they left for the weekend, now I’m snowed in with no.fruit.

Rebekah February 25, 2013 at 3:15 pm #

When I try to use the Need It Right Away option for my S&S items it won’t give them to me at the S&S price. I hate the new S&S system.