Need a new hairdryer?

I know it’s not 1985, but as my hair has been getting longer, I’ve been thinking about… well… getting a good hairdryer with a diffuser on it. (I know. Generally I am in the no-drying-curly-hair camp. But sometimes I can’t just hang around the house for three hours while it dries on its own.)

Anyway, whether you want a diffuser or not, I found a pretty awesome hairdryer deal for you. The thing is, sometimes Amazon (perhaps accidentally?) offers multiple coupons on the same item. So some research revealed that the Remington AC2015 Pearl Ceramic Hairdryer got pretty great reviews, and the cheapest I see it at a big-box store is $30. (If you must, here are the reviews at Walmart. I think you know how I feel about Walmart, though.) Right now the same dryer is just $20 at Amazon—their lowest price ever—but it gets better:

Click here for the first coupon (make sure to “clip” it if it doesn’t come up as already clipped) and to add the dryer to your cart. Then click here for the second coupon (again, make sure to “clip” it if it doesn’t show as already clipped). I had some trouble with the second one, so I also went here and clipped that coupon for the curling wand, because I am superstitious and somehow it worked towards the hairdyer. Do note that you must be signed in to your Amazon account to use coupons.

Do all of that, and when you get to checkout, your highly-rated hairdryer which is a bargain at $20 should actually come out to just $12.99. Not bad.

18 Responses to “Need a new hairdryer?”

Amy April 5, 2013 at 8:53 am #

Second coupon isn’t working – says it’s clipped, but the $4 isn’t coming off :(.

Suzanne H April 5, 2013 at 8:53 am #

I can’t get the 2nd coupon to load no matter what I do. All 3 show as clipped now but only $3 is coming off of the total. Either they fixed it or I’m inept….either way, oh well!

Mir April 5, 2013 at 8:55 am #

I did the deal before I posted it, so I know it worked. I wonder if you need to clip both coupons BEFORE adding the hairdryer to your cart…?

JenBC April 5, 2013 at 9:02 am #

I clipped both coupons before adding to the cart but it is still only taking one off. $3 off is still good

Amy April 5, 2013 at 9:14 am #

If you go to “your coupon book” and click on “suggested coupons” the $4 coupon will be there for the hair dryer.

Laurel April 5, 2013 at 9:37 am #

Like Amy said I had to go to “your coupon book” and find, then re-add to shopping cart. Hope it ships. Thanks.

Amy April 5, 2013 at 9:47 am #

Tried taking it out of my cart and then re-adding, but it still didn’t take off the $4 coupon I’d clipped for the curling iron. HOWEVER, there is a second $4 coupon for the hairdryer like another Amy said. It was not in my “recommended coupons” but I saw the category “hair” under “beauty” on the left hand side and found the other $4 coupon for the hairdryer there, clipped that one and both the $3 and $4 then came off!

• 7.1
      Dawn April 5, 2013 at 10:35 am #

This is what worked for me too. The $3 coupon on the hairdryer page, plus the $4 one under Beauty > Hair in my coupons. Thanks Mir!

Aimee April 5, 2013 at 10:40 am #

Nice — just got mine! Thanks Mir :)

Mir April 5, 2013 at 10:54 am #

I’m really glad y’all figured out that workaround. No idea why the method that worked for me isn’t working, though! Oh well. New hairdryers for everyone! We’ll all be so prettyyyyyy! ;)

Elizabeth April 5, 2013 at 10:59 am #

Mine just comes up a $3 coupon, i can’t find the $4 one under beauty, but i think my computer doesn’t like me right now :(

Jenn April 5, 2013 at 11:07 am #

There are also two coupons that work for the curling wand so it takes $9.00 off. I just picked one up for my daughter for $15.97 :)

Isabel April 5, 2013 at 12:16 pm #

Yay, got one too for $12.99! Thanks pretty Mir, I now have a backup! ;)

Elizabeth April 5, 2013 at 1:06 pm #

Whew, frustration solved by using Mozilla, Internet Explorer would not let me have the $4 coupon, but Mozilla would, yeah!

Stacey April 5, 2013 at 1:58 pm #

Thanks Mir – I got a spare blow dryer for $12.99. Mine always quit working at the most inconvenient time so at least now I am prepared :)

Kami April 5, 2013 at 5:05 pm #

Thanks, Mir! Worked for me!

JL April 7, 2013 at 8:40 pm #

Amazon must have caught on – I was only able to clip one $4 coupon. But $15.99 for a well-rated blow dryer is still a deal!

Monique April 10, 2013 at 10:19 am #

thank you for the recommendation, I have the karmin g3 hair dryer which is pretty nice too, I love it.