Emergency charging on the go

One of my kiddos has been searching for an affordable backup charger for her iPod… something about the tragedy of running out of music on the bus home, I think. I’m not sure. Anyway, all we could find at Target and the like were super-expensive USB units that cost $50+ and had mixed reviews online.

Well, here’s an easy (and cheap) solution: Right now Amazon has this Innovative Digital USB Cell Phone Emergency Charger for just $12.50 (its lowest price ever), and it runs on a couple of AA batteries and works with pretty much anything you can plug into a USB cord.

The reviews are good, and the price is certainly right. Whether you’re keeping a teenager in tunes or just wanting an addition to your emergency kit, this is probably worth grabbing.

• Twitter
  • Kirtsy
  • StumbleUpon
  • Facebook

8 Responses to “Emergency charging on the go”

Katie in MA April 8, 2013 at 11:29 am #

I got a few – they’ll make nice stocking stuffers!

KarenNM April 8, 2013 at 11:41 am #

Thanks Mir! This wasn’t something I was looking for, but in the vein of emergency preparedness I bought two – one for work and one for home. I figure it’s a reasonable investment for $25.

beth s April 8, 2013 at 11:52 am #

That’s not a bad charger but we found an even better one. We paid $25 when we bought another one last week for a gift (at Frys Electronics so probably not the cheapest it can be found).

There’s lots of other solar options too and it works great to charge the cell phone and even has enough power to get the laptop working again. Also light enough to hook on a backpack for hiking, camping, etc.

Rachel April 8, 2013 at 12:20 pm #

Thank you! I have a couple usb chargers, but the ability to charge off AAs is awesome. We’re about to go away, and this will come in very helpful!

Sheryl April 8, 2013 at 12:25 pm #

Thanks, bought 2!

Dana April 8, 2013 at 1:31 pm #

Thanks after Hurricane Sandy this past fall, you can never be too prepared.

Jean April 8, 2013 at 2:09 pm #

Bought it!

Midj April 8, 2013 at 2:59 pm #

Just got the last two… Thanks, Mir, and my kids will thank you also! Daughter in DC will be thrilled!