So, yesterday I was perusing the grocery clearance items at Amazon which I’d linked to, because after I post a deal like that I often go in and do a bit of shopping, myself.
And then I stumbled across this little item. I cannot imagine why it’s on clearance. Truly. Why, let’s take a look at the description:
- One 5-pound bag of 100 percent soybeans flavored with hazelnut; brews just like coffee
- Made with organic soybeans; naturally caffeine-free with no acidity; hazelnut flavoring includes peanut extract
- Certified USDA organic soybeans chosen for excellent taste and growing standards
- Full-bodied flavor of gourmet coffee combined with acid-reducing benefits and goodness of soy
- Soybeans from exclusive growers in Minnesota
“Brews just like coffee?” Um, no. Brewed coffee beans yield coffee. Brewed soybeans yield… tofu water. Yuuuuuuuuck.
Hey, even my vegan friend was moved to comment “Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”