‘Tis the season

… to get free money!

You should already know that if you throw your jar of change into a Coinstar machine, there’s no fee if you take your output as a gift certificate. And there’s lots of stores from which to choose, though of course you know I go for the Amazon certificate every time.

And now through mid-December, why not make a little extra on the deal? Change at least $40, and you’ll get an extra $10 (as long as you’re getting a certificate back, not cash). Not a bad deal on money you found in your couch cushions, right?

10 Responses to “‘Tis the season”

Kristi November 10, 2009 at 7:38 am #

Wow! I sure appreciate this tip, Mir! When my mom passed away this summer, we divvied up all of the quarters she saved for playing the slot machines, which she never got to use, sadly, between the 6 grandkids. They each received over $60 and I have dreaded changing them in. But now? This is brilliant! I will rack up $40 extra for the 4 of them, or more if I am really ambitious, I suppose. Thanks!

Andrea November 10, 2009 at 7:56 am #

Thanks for the reminder! I think we did this 2 years ago when you posted about it. Awesome!

Christina November 10, 2009 at 10:16 am #

You know, I believe I will ‘change’ some cash into coins to take full advantage of this! If only I could get the locator to work on the web site so I knew where to go…

Rebecca November 10, 2009 at 11:08 am #

aha! I’ve been waiting for this to come around this year… thanks for the heads up!!

Groovecatmom November 10, 2009 at 11:30 am #

Sweet! Unfortunately, I’m not sure how much change is in the jar unless I count it…but it might be worth it for an extra $10 at that one coffee place.

Groovecatmom November 10, 2009 at 11:31 am #

And come to think of it, isn’t that why I have children? To count my pennies so I can get more coffee? Why yes, I’m pretty sure it is.

Alison November 10, 2009 at 6:04 pm #

Great! I have some change I’ve been saving for quite a while and haven’t cashed in.

Misty November 10, 2009 at 6:20 pm #

Wow! I too will be changing cash to change to change in- it’s worth my time to rack up a discount on a new ereader and books!

Janie November 18, 2009 at 10:24 am #

I have been saving my change and am ready to go do it. I was able to locate several machines near me, but according to the icons, none give gift cards, only e-certificates or take donations. Will this work, or do I have to search for a different machine further away?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Sunny days « girl in georgia - November 13, 2009

[…] all of our coins using a Coinstar machine.  I was hoping to have at least $40 so I could get the extra $10 in free Amazon money and was surprised that I had just over $90 in change! Yay! Christmas present […]