A quick note about this week

Good morning! Today heralds the beginning of Black Friday Week, and for many many (many many many) years that has meant another Big Prize Week here at Want Not. Even though I have been posting here less often for a while, I went ahead and ran one last year while I was in play rehearsals and working and trying to do Thanksgiving with the family.

Welp. This year, I am sad to say, I just can’t do it. I’m hosting a houseful of people, I’m in rehearsals again, and the reality is that during Want Not’s heyday (meaning, back when I was an expert online shopper but not many people were), Black Friday Week made me a lot of money (more than enough to buy y’all a fat gift card or a shiny new electronic gizmo as thanks), but that’s no longer the case. Last year when I ended the week with an Amazon gift card? I ended up spending more money than I made. Which, you know, is something I was okay doing, and I’m not complaining. But for a multitude of reasons it is no longer financially feasible for me to do that.

But! Don’t despair, because I do have a few product samples coming in this month and next, and I’ll still give those away. I just don’t have the usual assortment of goodies, so it’s not going to be a whole week-long thing. And in the meantime, there will still be plenty of amazing deals to scope out ahead of the holidays. I hope you’ll stick around.

13 Responses to “A quick note about this week”

BethR November 19, 2018 at 11:29 am #

Thank you for the many years of running the Big Prize Week! It was fun to participate in 🙂

I hope your week is enjoyable and that you are surrounded by your loved ones (and that they behave themselves and don’t eat pecans!).

Happy Thanksgiving!

Erin November 19, 2018 at 11:35 am #

I TOTALLY get this. I was surprised you did it last year! Have a wonderful week—I’ll keep checking back for deals because you may not be the only one doing this stuff but you’re the only one I pay attention to! 🙂 You always seem to spot exactly the things I didn’t know I meeddd! (Last year’s deal on personalized Disney throws comes to mind…but there are always a bunch!) sending lots of love and appreciation.

Christine November 19, 2018 at 11:40 am #

I love prize week, but I love you & your website more. You’ve help me to save (*cough* and spend) more money than I care to think about.

Liv November 19, 2018 at 11:53 am #

Gotta echo the ladies above – I totally get it, even though it was always fun and exciting to do this week with you (and your guidance). I won’t be going anywhere until you kick us all out. 🙂 Thank you for all of the years of fun!

Tina Miles November 19, 2018 at 12:09 pm #

Thank you for all your hard work over the years! I’m glad you’re spending time with family, have a wonderful holiday!

Missy November 19, 2018 at 2:07 pm #

We don’t need a Big Prize Week, we just need you happy (and posting)! 🙂 Thank you for everything over the years. I’ve been here since the beginning, and I’m definitely sticking around.

Nowheymama November 19, 2018 at 3:31 pm #

So many things are changing, both online and with stages of life. I totally get it and want to thank you for all you do. I just want to keep hanging out with you online!

Elizabeth November 19, 2018 at 11:17 pm #

You are pretty and have spent years helping me find the best ever deals. We need to have a prize week for you!! Thank you, Thank you!!

ek

MomQueenBee November 19, 2018 at 11:28 pm #

You owe us nothing. Relax and enjoy the week!

Cheryl S November 20, 2018 at 10:16 am #

I love this site. Prizes are certainly fun, but not necessary!

Elizabeth November 20, 2018 at 11:00 am #

What they said! I just want the deals, You are tradition for me and I enjoy checking your site this time of year – i need a kindle for the kid(s) and the newest and best board game,,,, just fyi – in your scoping,,,, I am catching the card games right now tho

Lisa November 20, 2018 at 4:50 pm #

I’m not here for the giveaways either. Just point me to the deals. Also, you are still pretty.

Laura K Baumgartner November 21, 2018 at 1:12 pm #

I’m here for the humor and the deals (still can’t find my own toilet paper so I don’t know who these deal-savvy people you think you are failing are!) And a little of the parenting/gifting geek kid insights since you’re ahead of me!

You and your site are both pretty!