Little House at a little price

Big thanks to eagle-eyed reader Mandy for spotting this one—right now Amazon has The Complete Little House Nine-Book Box Set available for just $24.01 (their lowest price ever). Tales of homesteading life on the open prairie never go out of style, you know. I received this boxed set… oh… about 35 years ago. I read it to tatters, and bought a new set for my brand new baby (of course she needed a set of these books before she could even focus her eyes; why are you looking at me like that?) about 20 years later.

In other startling news, I am apparently kind of old.

• Twitter
  • Kirtsy
  • StumbleUpon
  • Facebook

11 Responses to “Little House at a little price”

Meg December 12, 2012 at 4:40 pm #

Thanks Mir! Julia is the perfect age for these.

amelia December 12, 2012 at 4:55 pm #

i just bought these from scholastic for a higher price! waaah! oh well, at least it benefits my daughter’s class. (she’s named julia, too…weird.)

RebeccaL December 12, 2012 at 5:08 pm #

Thank you! My daughter is a bit young for these yet, but my set is falling apart. Now I’m ready for when she wants to read them!

Gretchen December 12, 2012 at 5:53 pm #

my kiddo loved reading these, and we loved reading them with her. I never read them as a kid! I know, right? so truly loved them now. also put me in the old category.

Corey December 12, 2012 at 5:54 pm #

thanks, Mir!

Jan December 12, 2012 at 6:16 pm #

Yay!

These are my kids’ (8 and 6) hands-down favorite read-alouds. My daughter was even Laura Ingalls for Halloween this year.

I’m tempted to get a fresh set that hasn’t been read to pieces for each of them (to keep forever and ever! and share with their children someday!), but I’ve restrained myself and just bought a set as a gift.

Beth B. December 12, 2012 at 6:57 pm #

Wow what a bargain; i’m all over this one for a dear friend’s daughter.

elz December 12, 2012 at 9:03 pm #

Em just started reading the Little House books, so this is perfect for Christmas. Great tip.

Kacy December 12, 2012 at 10:15 pm #

my little girl just started reading these too from her school library. they are on her Christmas list. love ya Mir!!

Gin December 13, 2012 at 10:47 am #

Yep. I just ordered 8 month old Fiona a set. I don’t know whether to thank you or send you my future marriage therapy bills.

cindy December 13, 2012 at 12:11 pm #

I’ve already asked for this for myself this year. Sure, I’ll read it to/with my 7-year-old daughters, but I really want it for me.