Alright, my darlings, that very special time of year is nearly here. I’m watching the Amazon Lightning Deals like a hawk (you should be, too) and I spent my morning going through closets. Why? That’s where I squirrel away 1) stocking stuffers for my family and 2) goodies for Big Prize Week here at Want Not. When I was done, I had discovered a few things I’m pretty sure I bought last year and forgot to give my kids (oops!) and also my oldest surveyed the stash of generously donated prizes for next week and said, “Man, your readers are lucky.”
If you’re new ’round these parts—or if my recent decreased posting due to that whole Real Job™ thing has you worried that I won’t be repeating years past—buckle in for a week of me playing Santa. This is, bar none, my favorite week of the year, and just a small way I like to give back to all of you for hanging around here with me.
Here’s what you need to know:
1) Every day next week, beginning on Monday, November 25th, I will be holding a random drawing for a spectacular prize (or two, who knows).
2) Each prize post will go up at 8:00 a.m. Eastern time and be open for entry (via a comment) until 8:00 p.m. Eastern that evening. I will determine the winner(s) each evening via my my handy-dandy plugin winner-picker and announce and notify.
3) Every giveaway is governed by the contest rules and regulations which basically boil down to “this is supposed to be fun, don’t be a jerk about it.”
4) If you haven’t been around for previous Big Prize Weeks, there are certain types of items I tend to offer every year, and the week will consist of a variety of items, culminating in a Really Big Prize on Black Friday, because that’s how I roll. [Bonus: This year I will also be offering a Cyber Monday prize giveaway thanks to a very cool and generous prize donation.]
5) Additionally, I do nothing on Black Friday except park myself here at the computer and post deals for about 16 hours, because I would rather be eaten by a python than brave the stores on Black Friday. If you want great deals but don’t want to leave the house, plan to join me. I’ll hook you up.
Are you ready? I’m excited!